These conditions concern the general use of the site. Submission of information T&C’s can be found here: https://www.cornwalltourismoffice.co.uk/listing-terms-and-conditions/
These ‘Terms’ do not cover use of our shopping and gallery websites. Separate terms exist for the use of those sites.
At CTO, we detest the way the world regulates, forbids and controls. We are here to serve Cornwall and its people. Our Terms serve to protect the interests of people who work, own businesses or just live in Cornwall.
- Use it and don’t abuse it.
- All copyright for everything on it belongs to us, CTO and or the third parties we have licensed to advertise on the website. Don’t copy any of it!
- You may not, under any circumstance whatsoever, reproduce any information, images, video, text, colours, design or anything else we have forgotten, without our express permission. That includes all listings.
- Remember that all information and adverts are supplied to enable the user to enjoy Cornwall at its best.
- We accept no responsibility for any information supplied by us or third parties, nor any links from our website.
- We accept that the law of England, Scotland and Wales governs our terms.
- If you don’t like our terms please leave the website.
- The full and very boring terms are here, if you can be bothered!
- Please enjoy the website.
Access to and use of the Cornwall Tourism Office (CTO) website (the ‘Website’) is provided by Cornwall Tourism Office for you (the ‘User’) to use subject to the following Terms and Conditions (the ‘Terms and Conditions’).
By using the website the User indicates his agreement to be bound by these CTO Terms and Conditions. In agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of any other documents referred to and incorporated into these Terms and Conditions, and the expression ‘Terms and Conditions’ shall be deemed to include these other materials.
Changes to the website
CTO may make changes to the website from time to time. The User acknowledges and accepts that CTO may alter any aspect, or all, of the Website, its design, layout, form or function, or any of the services or products provided through the Website, without notice to the User. CTO also retain the right to alter the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. The User accepts that it will have no claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of any such alteration. NB. As a socially conscientious enterprise, any such activity will, wherever possible be notified to the User prior to changes taking effect.
Emails you may receive from CTO
“CTO complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and subsequent regulations including the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. You will retain the right to opt-out of future correspondence at any point.
We do not pass your details onto third parties.
- Submission of images to this website is open to all.
- By submitting any images (excluding trademarks and logos) to the website, the submitter grants CTO a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use those images for any online use including websites or marketing and in any printed medium.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual or business submitting them, or have been purchased with relevant rights granted. It is the responsibility of each person or business submitting an image to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. The person submitting an image must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it, or has been purchased and rights granted. CTO retain the right to refuse to publish any image for any reason. Copyright for any ‘own work’ images will remain with the ‘image creator’, subject to the above terms.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Any User of the website warrants that in its use they shall:
- use the Website only for lawful purposes
- In a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any third party
- Not engage in any conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person;
- without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (b) above, not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information in which the User does not own the intellectual property rights, or any material which is in any way unlawful or which is potentially harmful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic or otherwise obscene, or racially or ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information which contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intended or having for effect to disrupt or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the Website or of other Users’ computer systems.
CTO shall be entitled to remove any material or restrict or terminate any user access to the Website in the even that any of the above warranties are breached.
In using the website the user accepts that:
The contents of this Website (the ‘Contents’) are provided by CTO in way of general background information only. Accuracy of all or any part of the Contents shall not be relied upon nor CTO held responsible for.
The website contains Sponsored and Featured adverts paid for by the advertiser to achieve a prominent position and the position any advert is placed does not convey by CTO any degree of raised importance, quality or service.
CTO prefers to rely on current review systems rather than the dated and single person, subjective opinions used in current ‘rating’ systems. Any flag, star, crown or similar ‘quality’ mark is specified and the responsibility of the ‘advertiser’ and not in any way the responsibility or opinion of CTO.
The User accepts and acknowledges that CTO, its officers, employees, agents, representatives of any sort, and advisers shall not in any way be liable for any damage, loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from the User’s downloading of any of the Contents from the Web Site, or its reliance on or use of any of the Contents for any purpose.
Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, CTO hereby excludes, insofar as permitted by law, all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of any of the Contents, including but not limited to any information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons forming part of them, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third party rights or any law, compatibility, security and accuracy.
The Website and its Contents incorporates links to the websites and services of third parties. Any such links are provided for the User’s convenience only, and their provision does not constitute any authorisation, nor endorsement by CTO as to the content or accuracy of those third party websites and links.
All users accept and acknowledge that CTO is not responsible nor be held responsible for any damages, loss, costs or expenses arising from the use of any third party web site, products or services linked from the CTO website or available through such third party web sites.
The copyright of all content forming this website, except where expressly indicated otherwise, belongs to CTO or its third party licensors.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, CTO hereby permits a User to:-
(a) View the Contents on any electronic device;
(b) Download the Contents and store them in the user’s electronic device, solely and expressly for the personal use of that user.
(c) Print out the contents solely and expressly for the personal use of that user.
No business or enterprise use is granted for any purpose whatsoever, except in the pursuit of information regarding accommodation or available services.
The names and logos identifying the website, CTO, its products and services are the proprietary marks of CTO or marks that CTO has been licensed or permitted to use, and nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer on the User any licence of any such mark or of any other intellectual property right of CTO
CTO reserves the right to terminate forthwith, or to refuse to permit, the use of the website by any User, at any time and at CTO’s absolute discretion.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The rights of CTO and the User under these Terms and Conditions may be exercised as often as necessary. They are cumulative and not exclusive of either party’s rights under the general law, and may be waived only in writing. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any right is not a waiver of that right.
These Terms, your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
If you don’t like these terms – stop using the website and our services immediately.