In general, a word from Cornwall Tourism Office in plain English:
At Cornwall Tourism Office, we don’t like data collection. Unfortunately to ensure the website works properly and you receive the information you want, we do need to collect some information. Rest assured though, that we never give that information to anyone else unless you ask us to (eg a competition or purchase). We use a third party (Stripe) to collect payments for advertiser subscriptions and they hold your personal, purchase and payment details independently. Please check their website policies if you are concerned.
That’s about it. We believe in transparency and if you have any concerns please contact us.
‘By Cornwall’ and ‘Cornish Art House’ have separate policies due to the sales activity. Please read those.
The Cornwall Tourism Office information website policy in detail.
• is to hold your data securely
• share only where you agree
• use your data to tailor the information we provide you and improve our services
• put you in control by allowing you to update, delete and access your data
Statement of Intent
It is the stated policy of Cornwall Tourism Office that it will act in accordance with current legislation and aims to meet current best practice with regards to the processing of personal data.
General Policy Information:
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together in certain categories. Please take care when submitting information to Cornwall Tourism Office website, particularly when completing free text fields or uploading content, documents and other materials. Some of our services may be automated and we may not recognise that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
Whenever you interact with the website, you may be asked to provide us with information relating to you for the purposes of improving the service, authenticating the user, taking an authorised payment. The following types of data may be collected from you:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, and date of birth.
• Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Enquiry Data includes data you provided us with when you contact us for consumer, business customer or stakeholder service assistance (by any means of communication including written communications or via our website(s), support forums, telephone, email, SMS, or our social media channels) or when you visit us at a public event, such as a trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may record all consumer, business customer or stakeholder service communications and keep information about the particular communication, including your name, the product(s) you bought, the reason why you contacted us, and the advice we gave you so we can track the resolution of any consumer, business customer or stakeholder service issues and for consumer, business customer or stakeholder service training purposes.
• Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. We may also receive content that you choose to upload or post, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details, product reviews, comments, photos and forum posts, or details of your interests and preferences that you choose to tell us about when, for example, selecting the services that you wish to receive.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, as well as the frequency and pattern of your service use.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
If you only sign up to the Cornwall Tourism Office newsletter then we will only use your personal information to administer your email account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We will send you news and information that we feel will be of interest to you from time to time based on your interest and holiday companion preferences or your geographical location. If you also consent to be contacted for research purposes then we may select you to receive a tourism related research questionnaire from time to time. Completing the any survey questionnaire is voluntary.
You are always free to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us or you can email us at email@example.com
Following industry standard practice when you unsubscribe your email address will be retained on a system suppression list to ensure you no longer receive emails from Cornwall Tourism Office. You have the right to have your email address removed form this list as well by request. Should you do so you may receive emails from us in the event a third party provides us with your email address anew.
Other online forms, Use of personal data
Any information that you provide online to Cornwall Tourism Office, for example when requesting any further information or entering competitions, is captured and stored on our database. In addition to using this information to fulfil specific user queries and requests, it also lets us keep you updated with news and promotions. When you provide personally identifiable information to us, we may use it to provide you with further information about Cornwall as a holiday destination. We will not rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals at all. In the event that you have entered a competition advertised on our site and run by a third party and by entering you have consented, the personal information you enter will be passed to that third party. You have a right to access, rectify, modify and delete any data referring to you, that we hold. In order to exercise this right, please contact us immediately.
Storage and correction of personal data Cornwall Tourism Office will retain the personal data it holds unless and until you send Cornwall Tourism Office notice that you no longer wish it to retain this data. Cornwall Tourism Office is obliged to supply you, on request, with a copy of the personal data it holds about you, provided that you pay a small fee to cover administration costs. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact Cornwall Tourism Office at the address at the foot of this page for more details, including those regarding the fee which is payable for exercising such right. Should you discover any inaccuracies in such personal information, please notify Cornwall Tourism Office as soon as possible at the same address. Cornwall Tourism Office will then correct its records.
If you are unhappy with how your information is being held or used you can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) who are the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – Helpline: 029 2067 8400 (Wales Helpline) or 0303 123 1113 (UK Helpline)
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or concerns at Digital, Cornwall Tourism Office, Costislost Farm, Washaway, Bodmin, PL30 3AP.